Going plastic-free seems incredibly daunting. It can also seem quite expensive and inconvenient to give up the luxury that is single-use plastic. However, if you are keen on making positive changes I have a few changes you could implement without reinventing the wheel.
. Plastic Free July® is a global movement that helps millions of people be part of the solution to plastic pollution – so we can have cleaner streets, oceans, and beautiful communities. Interested in joing the movement? these tips might help:
Way’s to get behind the Plastic Free movement
- Challenge yourself to avoid using or purchasing plastic bags for the month… So that the stash in your boot? Use it. I have really pretty bags from Sanni Apple
- Instead of buying water in plastic bottles get a reusable water bottle, – personally, I prefer glass ones but metal ones are great to keep the water nice and chilled.
- Refuse single-use straws, instead, why not get a reusable one instead. They are much more commonplace now so are not as expensive as they first were. Alternatively, if you do not have any issues when it comes to drinking, just use your mouth. If you are in the market for straws check out Juiced PE
- For food storage avoid using cling wrap, ziplock bags and other unrecyclable plastics. Why not get elasticized material coves such as those from Sanni Apple or the beeswax food wraps from Janice’s Kitchen
- Turn small unavoidable plastic waste into eco-bricks
- Recycle and reuse as much as possible