Internationally renowned fashion designer (and fashion icon in his own right) Gert Johan Coetzee, is affording one would-be designer the chance of a lifetime: A chance to be “a top fashion designers apprentice” , a journey which starts with a 3-year bursary to study BA Fashion Design at the North West School of Design (Where Gert himself graduated from)
The bursary is open to current Grade 12 learners as well as people who have graduated high school.
The value of the bursary is R104 000.00 which includes tuition fees, study material, an internship at Gert Johan Coetzee’s Studio and most importantly, the mentorship of Gert Johan Coetzee (which involves help and guidance from him throughout the 3 years of study as well as accompanying Gert Johan Coetzee to various fashion events, networking events, social events and through this networking with celebrities and thus creating possible job opportunities).
Applicants need to submit the following documents:
• A certified copy of their Identification Document
• A short CV or resume
• Latest statement of results
• A one- page essay motivating why he/she should be the recipient of the bursary.
• Four sketches- two evening wear (couture) and two ready-to-wear (pret-a-porter). The theme is “Me, myself and I.”
• Via Registered Post: Gert Johan Coetzee,
P.O. Box 10457
• Via Hand Delivery: Gert Johan Coetzee
Suite 3,4,5 Oudorp Pharmacy Complex
1B Joe Slovo Road