Omelettes are awesome!!! and Davene is awesome for sharing her favourite omelette recipe with us. I’m not sure when it started, but I really love omelettes. It’s also great for making a meal with what you have left in the fridge 😉
Spinach & Mushroom Omelettes
Serves 1. Tip: Multiply the ingredients depending on how many people you’d like to serve
WHAT YOU NEED
– ¼ bunch of spinach, lightly shredded by hand
– 3 eggs (I prefer removing two of the yolks as it’s less fattening. You can leave it if you — prefer). gently whisked and seasoned.
– 5 mushrooms sliced
– 4 tablespoons of olive oil
– 6 shavings of mozzarella cheese or ¼ cup of grated mozzarella cheese
– Seasoning (I used Ina Paarmen’s Chilli & Garlic)
TIP: Unless you know your way around a pan really well, I’d advise you use a non-stick pan for this
In a large pan, add two tablespoons of olive oil and allow it to heat up. Add spinach in one half of the pan & mushrooms in the other half. Add seasoning. Stir as necessary. When mushrooms are soft and spinach is ready. Remove from pan. If either the mushrooms or spinach sticks to the pan, wash the pan thoroughly before frying the egg. If not, it’s not necessary. Add the remaining olive oil and allow it to heat up. Ensure the entire base of the pan is covered. Add the egg and put on the lid. Once all of the egg is cooked, flip the egg over and add the mushrooms & spinach to the one half of the egg. Add the mozzarella and cover with the other half of egg. Put the lid on for a minute then remove omelette and plate it.
Be sure to ‘check her out Davene’s BLOG where she chats about her fitness journey