The other morning (afternoon) I woke in the mood to bake something, but knowing I had limited time and limited ingredients I needed something quick&basic, so enter these super easy scones 🙂 yummy 🙂
plain flour, for dusting
3 cups self-raising flour
1 cup milk
your favorite topping, to serve
– Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly dust a flat baking tray with plain flour.
– Sift self-raising flour into a bowl.
– Using your fingertips, rub butter into flour until mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
– Make a well in the centre. Add 1 cup of milk.
– Mix until mixture forms a soft dough, adding more milk if required.
– Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until smooth (don't knead dough too much or scones will be tough).
– Pat dough into a 2cm-thick round. Using a 5cm (diameter) round cutter, cut rounds.
– Place scones onto prepared baking tray, 1cm apart.
– Sprinkle tops with a little plain flour.
– Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and well risen.
– cool and serve
NOM NOM NOM