So I’m back to doing hair posts , I started last week when I reviewed the Aunty Jackie Flaxseed range and I am really really excited to introduce today’s featured curly to you. A while back I did a post on Boskop beauties and mentioned South African natural hair blogger Mandy from the The Mandy Expedition I have been hair crushing on her for a while and now and like the pro stalker I am, I got her to do a curly countdown for us…. Stalker level:PRO
Five facts about yourself and your hair
- I am the creator of ” The Mandy Mix” and the #Bossiekop t-shirt.
- I have a 14 year old daughter who is the reason I started my return to natural 3 years ago.
- I am 41 and I couldn’t be more happy about that fact! Momma gave me her good genes.
- Even though I am a natural hair blogger, I am a self proclaimed “lazy natural” We don’t always get it right.
- I am the co-creator of Cape Town Naturally. We are putting together Cape Town’s first Natural Hair Festival in December.
Four products or treatments you swear by
- I am partial to any to South African products #LocalIsLekker
- The Mandy Mix!!
- Include some Aloe water in your final rinse (cold) water. Trust me, your hair will thank you!
- Deep condition at least once a week. I can’t stress this enough!
Three tips for other curly girls
- Opt for an old t-shirt to wrap around your hair instead of a handtowel. Handtowel’s cause frizz
- Wrap a satin or silk scarf around your pillow if you don’t have a satin or silk pillowcase
- Listen to your hair. It will tell you what it needs.
Two misconceptions about curly hair
- That it won’t grow (HA!) My hair has never been longer.
- That it’s easier to maintain (double HA!). Natural hair needs love and care and it is a blessing when you find your groove.
One awesome curly pics