Today we interview Kelley Felix / Grace Kelley and artistic soul with an attitude that says, I’m here take it or leave it. Honestly before chatting to her I was a little intimidated, she lives the saying “If you don’t stand for anything you will fall for anything” and people with such strong convictions always make me a little weary. Not this girl though, there is a gentleness to her spirit that speaks volumes…and also HER HAIR SPEAKS VOLUMES. Fresh off a “big chop” here is Grace Kelley‘s Curly Countdown.
5 FACTS ABOUT ME AND MY HAIR
- I’m addicted to The Weeknd’s music, people don’t understand why lol, but that’s too
- I’ve never hated my curls, I’ve always loved my natural course hair but my school days were horrible because teachers never understood my hair
- I chopped off my hair and starting fresh this year because I’m turning 30 in September
- I love photography and art, as a graphic designer I tend to attend most exhibitions in PE, I love our creative scene in PE
- I have a thing for red heads with freckles, I think they are the most perfect beings created
4 PRODUCTS OR ACTIVITIES YOU CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT
- I can’t live without Auntie Jackies’s curling custard
- I can’t live without data/wifi because social media is a big part of my job
- I can’t live without date night with my boyfriend and catch up with my sisters
- I can’t live without knowing what’s happening in current affairs, I’m a news junkie. I need to know what’s happening in the world at all times.
3 TIPS FOR CURLY GIRLS
- LOVE YOURSELF. ALL THE TIME.
- Moisture is your best friend. Avocados will leave your hair hydrated and moisturized. Home remedies are amazing; find yourself some bloggers that can advise you on affordable ways of taking care of your crown.
- Take time to clean your scalp. Find a sulfate free shampoo that will be kind to your curls but will cleanse the scalp thoroughly.
2 MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT CURLY HAIR
- Natural hair does not need that much care. It needs attention and loads of care. Just like you’d use serums before you blow[fry]dry your hair the same way you’d use products to take care of your curls.
- It’s dirty and untidy. I think naturalistas are total “freaks” about keeping their curls/fros clean. I mean we always smell fruity and coconut oil fresh!
YOUR ONE FAVOURITE WAY TO WEAR YOUR HAIR
- My hair is short now, recently did the big chop so it’s basically wash and go all the time.