So I got some #bosslady tips from Thuli Hlongwane to share with you guys. This Cape-Town based entrepreneur who currently serves as Managing Director of Prim-U has kindly agreed to share some tips with me in my hour of “what next” need.
For the past few years, I’ve been self-employed, a freelancer, a pen prostitute (kinda joking). It’s been an interesting journey and as I find myself adjusting my business goals these tips come in super handy:
Thuli Hlongwane is a versatile and highly experienced IT management professional who has just launched two mobile Apps that have taken off in the beauty therapy industry: Prim-U App for end-customers and Primlancer App for the freelancers
ABOUT PRIM-U (mobile app)
- The mobile app matches experienced freelancers who are looking for space to offer their services from salons and spas with under-utilised space or looking at beefing up capacity for a short period of time.
- The platform will allow customers and salon/spas owners to rate their prim-lancers online and customers and prim-lancers will also be able to rate salons/spas online.
- You can find out more on their website
Thuli Hlongwane Tips/Lifehacks
1. Believe in yourself and your capabilities.
2. Enjoy challenges. You can only learn from your mistakes and gain from your winnings.
3. Set goals and work on a plan to go through your daily challenges.
4. Work on improving your strengths and challenges. It takes time to get better at doing anything.
5. Networking is important. Keep a record of good people that you meet in life, and they will be a source of your future networking repository. Keep this in mind when meeting new people.6. Relationship building is important. You will never know who will bump into you and extend a lending hand.
7. Don’t harbour or entertain any self-doubts. Be clear about what your objectives are and strive towards achieving them while staying focused.
8. Exude energy and passion such that it is contagious to those around you.
9. Have a can-do attitude and don’t allow minor distractions to derail you.