I decided to try something new for Meatless Monday… Pea Soup! which I found in this month's Women's Health magazine… I made some adjustments based on the "whatever I have in the cupboard" rule and it turned out super yum…I even plan on having for lunch today 😀
3 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed (I used a heaped teaspoon of crushed garlic and ginger)
1 green chilli, deseeded and chopped (half spoon of crushed chilli)
1kg frozen petit pois (I used regular frozen peas)
800–900ml chicken or vegetable stock
30g fresh coriander (I used 5g flash dried coriander)
pinch of sugar
sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper (I used regular garden variety salt and pepper)
1. Heat the olive oil in a heavy-based pot over a medium-low heat. Sweat the onion, garlic and chilli with the lid on until softened.
2. Add peas and sweat with the lid on for 15 minutes.
3. Add most of the coriander (reserve a few good-looking leaves for garnish) and the stock. Bring to a simmer.
4. Add the sugar and blitz with a hand-held blender until smooth.
5. Season well and serve immediately, garnished with some coriander leaves and with a fresh loaf of wholewheat bread and butter on the side.
(I added a cup of water to thin it out a bit)
Sent from my BlackBerry®