Friday (March 23, 2018) sees the opening of a new coffee shop in Uitenhage (my hometown) and I thought I’d explain why I’m so excited about it.
My husband asked if I had shares in the place when I excitedly told him about it for the second time in an hour… No, I do not have shares (I have never even met the owners). All I have is short-term memory problems and a healthy dose of excitement, here’s why.
- The place (situated at 32 Caledon Street) will be open from 6am to 10pm weekdays, 7am to 11pm on Saturdays and 12am to 9pm on Sundays. This is significant news in a small town like ours where the world shuts down at mid day leaving you with Spar and Spur in that order. ‘
- It’s run by POC , obviously I support my white friends too, I mean Santa is only my 6th favourite white person, BUT, I do like seeing people of colour doing well especially in our dorpie. So congrats to Gerald and Sheri-Ann Pietersen
- They are promising events and live entertainment. Which is great; it means girl’s nights and date nights without driving all the way to PE
- Venue rental for events, you know like baby showers and kitchen teas, and I might have an idea or two up my sleeve myself.
- They promise to be family friendly which is great for mommy and me outings or coffee with friends when babysitters are not an option.
- The business is based on biblical principles, hence the name, Agape, where love gathers, beans and all.
- They have internet!!!
If you are a coffee lover like I am, celebrate the new coffee shop in Uitenhage; go over to their FB PAGE show them some love. Tag me @justellabella in a comment on their wall stating your favourite coffee and you can win a breakfast voucher worth R120 or one of three vouchers entitling you to a free coffee and cupcake.