So I’ve decided that you all need to know how to make a t-shirt towel turban. Because t-shirts are awesome for drying your hair while keeping the curls intact, but we’re fancy now and don’t want to step out of the shower looking like we couldn’t get our tops all the way off…
So how do you make a t-shirt towel turban? Easier than you think…
How to make a t-shirt towel turban
What you need:
– A t-shirt
– fabric glue (you can sew this too if you want to make sure it’s super durable)
What you do:
– I used an existing turban towel to get the shape, but if you don’t have one, these pics should help
– You basically use the bottom seam of the t-shirt and then cut the top at an angle to create a triangle like shape
– Turn the material inside out and use your fabric glue according to the instructions
– like I said, you could do this part with needle and thread if you want to make it more durable. With glue, it works really well, but you need to hand wash to make sure it doesn’t separate
– after the glue dries sew a button on the bottom of one side, and a loop of rope on the other
There you go… All done and ready to use.
Notes: this turban won’t dry your hair completely but is so great to keep your wet hair out of the way when you are getting dressed. It also dries way quicker than a traditional towel.
What do you think? Will you be giving it a go and making your own t-shirt towel turban?