If you are looking for a cute,quick treat, like for a kiddies party or something these marshmallow cups are just the thing!
And they are SUPER EASY to make…well they are now (my first attempt had the chocolate seize and NO1 wants to waste chocolate-I searched the net for sure fire ways to avoid that in the future and included it right at the bottom)
WHAT YOU NEED:
– Marshmallows (extra big bag so you can scoff the rest)
– chocolate of your choice
– mini cupcake cups (can also use lollipop sticks and turn it into marshmallow pops instead)
WHAT YOU DO:
1. Collect ingredients
2. Melt chocolate (using one of the methods below
3. Dip marshmallows in chocolate
4. Sprinkle with uhm sprinkles
5. Place in cups….TA DA!
WAYS TO MELT CHOCOLATE:
Fill a large pot with water, and heat to just below simmering. Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl, such as stainless steel, and place the bowl in the water. Gently and constantly stir the chocolate while keeping the water below simmering.
Fill the bottom half of a double boiler with water, making certain the bottom of the top half doesn't touch the water. Bring the water to a simmer. Place the chocolate in the top half, and place over the simmering water. Be careful that the water doesn't boil or splash into the chocolate, because any moisture will cause it to seize.
Place room temperature chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at medium power. The chocolate won't completely melt, but it will turn glossy and soft to the touch. Remove from the microwave and stir to finish melting. Microwave 1 ounce of chocolate for about 90 seconds; 6 ounces for about 31/2 minutes, stopping halfway through to stir the chocolate. Since times are approximate, always start with the suggested melting time and repeat in 30-second intervals.
Which ever method you use, remember these points:
Make sure all equipment is completely dry. Any moisture on the utensils or in the container may cause the chocolate to seize, or stiffen. If this happens, stir in 1/2 to 1 teaspoon shortening (not butter) for every ounce of chocolate.
Be careful to keep water from splashing into the chocolate. A single drop will cause the chocolate to seize.
Keep heat low to avoid scorching.
Always stir chocolate during melting, because most chocolate retains its shape as it melts.
Sent from my BlackBerry®