This KidsCon post is not sponsored, I just know that many of you are in the same “mom of a gamer position” I am in, so I had to share that the highly anticipated ComicCon that takes place in Johannesburg, just had a baby.
Okay, I’m being silly, but from September 21st the Gallagher Convention Centre in Midrand will have a dedicated kids section at ComicCon
What is KidsCon
The interactive four-day convention is geared to celebrating and inspiring all kids to embrace the superhero within and to cosplay along with the those who are older, but still kids at heart.
To make sure that the kids rule the playground, KidsCon is designed by Kids for Kids, which is why the KidsCon Board of Little Experts was established. As a board of 14 diverse children (ages 5 to 10) the KidsCon experts shared their
insights on various trends and products. Their input was used to create a modern experience that organisers believe will have parents itching to join in on the fun.
What to expect at KidsCon
Children attending the festival will be stimulated as they engage with different interactive areas.
- Their creative flair will be sparked by the BIC Artist Corner.
- Their imagination can run wild as they create new worlds while immersed in the Play-Doh Creations space.
- Visitors can team up and face-off as they show off their blasting skills in the Hasbro Nerf Zone, and experience the Nerf Fornite blaster range,
- You can play it safe by challenging mom to a game of Monopoly
- Stop over at the Nintendo selfie wall and win prizes.
- Meet some of your favourite character like Mario Karts’ Mario and Luigi, your favourite My Little Pony and many more.
- Why not build an RC Car with Nintendo Labo
- You can also compete at the Transformers Speed Station to see who takes home the prize for transforming Transformer in the least amount of time, and a chance to take a pic with Transformer.
- Competitions like Mario Kart and Ultimate Dance are added to numerous other competions., there are numerous other giveaways.
- Families can also shop to their heart’s content.
Sadly we won’t be in Jhb to experience all this awesomeness but if you will be, remember that your ComicCon Africa tickets get you access to the KidsCon Hall