Are you in the market for a fabric gift bag? Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but someday this DIY is likely to come in pretty handy. Whether you are trying to reduce your carbon foot by not using traditional wrapping paper, or you just want to extra AF then follow these easy steps.
These bags can be made in any size, small ones like the ones I did are great for party favors. Medium ones could be loot bags and long fabric gift bags s are great for wine.
What you need for your fabric gift bags
- Material of your choice
- Fabric Glue
- twine/ribbon to close
What you do
- Cut material into the size you want, remember to allocate for folding it double and for seams.
- With the good sides being glued together use your fabric glue according to instructions. The brand I use asks you to make tots smooth it down and wait for it to dry a little
- Fold the glued edges together (having left an opening) and leave to dry
- Turn the fabric gift bag inside out for a nice clean line.
- pop in your gift and tie with string or ribbon.
What do you think about these fabric gift bags? are you likely to try it out.