It’s Color Run time again!!! We have gone every year since it started in Port Elizabeth in 2013, well technically I was sick last year, but my boys still went and this year is no different.
Since Aidan and the color run both started in the city the same year, I have picked up a few tips for color running with young kids and thought I’d share
MY color run TIPS for kids…
– Take your kid into consideration, will they be able to do the 5km walk (honestly I struggle because I am not the fittest) so grab a stroller if you are not up to carrying a tired child for 4.5km
– Put your child in goggles/glasses, because even though the powder is non toxic, it can still irritate eyes. This years theme is superhero so goggles can double as costume and safety device.
– Come prepared to layer and unlayer. The last color runs have been really cold so we dressed him warmly in something that could easily be taken off if the weather “turned”
– I always cover his mouth and nose in a bandana at the colour stations, I just use a cansa wrap like a scarf and I can pull it up when need be, also any excuse to support cansa
– Take water!
– Take wipes, this kid is not a fan of being dirty…. of messing, yes, of being dirty, no
– Put towels in the car to protect the seats as much as you can (this is for all participants)
– Do not put on your nicest clothes, it’s a pain to clean , trust me
All kiddies under 10 always run free with us, they do need to be registered at the time of booking and they will need to be wearing a safety wristband that can be collected at Race Pack Pick Up. There are a limited number of places for free runners per event.
When: 29 October 2017
Where: Nelson Mandela Bay Stadium
Time: 09H00 for 10h00
Hashtag: #TheHappiest5k #TCRHero #LiveBetter